Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Attitude

Today, my friend brought in her journal for me to read, because she had drawn this diagram about happiness. It was a large circle, and progressively smaller ones inside, encompassing all of the different aspects that can be found within happiness. But the main point of the diagram, was that the whole thing was colored in in pink. I found it rather curious at first, but then I looked beneath the diagram to find a note. Pastel pink blends in surprisingly well with the whiteness of paper, but I was able to read it: a little scribble of pink = Attitude.

I then read the further elaboration written on it, and it all made sense. All of these different circular layers of happiness are held together by Attitude, which acts as a sort of glue. Now, I promise you I'm not trying to take your idea friend, I just REALLY liked it. And I wanna write about it. This is the effect it had on me: 

I was initially reading this section of her journal during g government, which basically turned into a study hall. It was great! :D Anyway, as I was saying, it really had quite the effect on me. Now first of all, recently I've been down a lot, and only now am I getting better. But this diagram really hit home with me, because it made so much sense! The key to being happy is to know yourself, what you want, and have a good attitude about everything life throws at you. To take everything, good and bad, and find a reason for it to be beneficial to in some way. There's always a way.

For the longest time, I never thought like this. I guess it just never crossed my mind. But boy am I glad it did. Because I've decided to work on having a better attitude on everything. I'm honestly not sure if that's what's changed, and made me feel so much better recently, but regardless, today, I'm going to work on having a better attitude. I'm not saying I'll never have downs, because that'll always happen at some point or another. But I can remedy it by having the right attitude about it, knowing that all that that sadness is doing is making me stronger as a person and testing my capabilities. Stressing them to their greatest extents. It increases my ability to persevere! 

The point I'm making is, attitude really is what makes the difference, and I never could believe that. I never realized just how much of an effect your attitude has! It has a lot. I assure you. If you don't believe me...well I'm terribly sorry. But if you have been having problems recently, change your attitude; look at it from another perspective. Look at it head on to start, but then walk around that sadness or anger or frustration or whatever it is, and look at the other side of it. The happier side. The better side. There will always be a reason that it is good for you. 

Thank you again to this friends who showed me this diagram and greatly brightened my spirit of the day, and now, my life. You know who you are. :)

Thank you again for reading! :D

Bye for now!

~Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment