Saturday, February 9, 2013


So I've finally decided to start blogging, mainly because a bunch of friends said I should...so here I am! :D 

I want to talk about contentment and what it means to me. To me, contentment is a state of satisfaction. This can really be applied to anything, but usually makes the most sense when talking about one's life.

From my life experience, (16 years isn't much but...whatever :P) I haven't really found a time where I was solidly content with my life. Then again I only really started considering this recently...

Anyway, the point is, all that I've had so far is momentary contentment. This doesn't have to mean a moment in the sense of a few seconds; in fact for me this has extended days at a time. But it's never continuous.

Maybe it's just me, but as far as I'm concerned, until I'm older, this state of continuous contentment cannot be achieved. I can accept that though, because it gives me something to look forward to. :)

Recently I've been listening to this one song, and it's pretty much what inspired me writing this post. It's called All Alright by Fun. As you might be able to tell from the title, the song to me is about contentment. And life being "all alright" regardless of what happens. I just really enjoy listening to this song (in fact I'm listening to it on repeat right now! :D). 

This song pretty much acts as a reminder to me: things may seem bad, but it's alright. Everything is all alright. And therefore, everything will be okay. And that gives me contentment, even if it only lasts a few minutes. It's still a wonderful fuzzy feeling that gets created inside of me, and I freakin' LOVE it! 

I hope anyone who listens to this song feels just as much of a sense of contentment from its lyrics as I do. And of course thank you for reading my first post! 

Bye!

~Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment